YVES ROMUALD MAMA F.
FX artiste – Montreal, QC, Canada
my name is Yves Romuald, and I have been working in the video game industry since the last 8 years.
During this period of time , I have spent 6 years as SFX artist specialized in procedural, semi procedural and prefragmentation destruction at Ubisoft Montréal. But, I have also goods knowledge in particles ,modeling and motion graphic.
I have worked in games such as Naruto, splinterCell Conviction, Watch_dogs, Rainbow 6 Siege and now, I am on VR Eagle flight.
On this projet, I was in charge of the visual art of the procedural destruction which means:
- The creation of destruction rules for all procedural surfaces such as gypse, wood, ceramic, plywood etc. These rules determines how each procedural surface will be damages by any kind of impacts such as: explosion, melee, bullets etc. It was a complex task requiring me working on it full time days after days.
- All this work was possible by Working closely with programming team on pipeline and tools required for destruction.
- First breakable artist in charge of destruction on Watch_Dogs for PS4/XboxOne
- Worked closely with programming team on pipeline and tools required for destruction
- Created breakable objects including modeling, shading, set up, and integration
- Debugging and optimization of breakable objects
- Created and integrated VFX prototypes
SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION
- I created breakable objects including modeling, shading, set up, and integration.
- I was in charge of breakables objects used during many interrogations sequences.
- Debugging and optimization of breakable objects.
I have choosen PopcornFX for many reasons:
- The « scripting » feature allows complex FX behaviors without requiring the help from a programer.
- You can « plug » the middleware in lots of game engine
- There is a free version to train yourself & learn PopcornFX
- The PopcornFX support team do an excellent technical support.
Do you want to join the PopcornFX tech artist user list?