SONY London Studio
SIE London Studio is an in-house Sony Interactive Entertainment developer located in London. Established in 1993, London Studio is Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe’s largest internal development studio, with staff working in a purpose designed 7-storey building located in London's Soho district.
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- London Studio
- Closing Date:
WHAT YOU WILL DO / RESPONSIBILITIES;
– You have 5+ years professional video game experience
– You’re credited on at least one AAA title
– You will use your command over aesthetics and physics to create real world VFX
– You will collaborate with designers, artists and coders to design and implement those VFX
– You will take ownership and responsibility of your output
– You will be willing to muck-in, and will support other team members
– You will optimise your VFX to budget, test, measure and strive to improve performance
– You will and contribute to new techniques and workflows.
WHO YOU ARE / QUALIFICATIONS;
– You are familiar with game authoring tools – eg. UE, Unity, or proprietary game engine
– You’ve used realtime particle systems – eg. PopcornFX, Shuriken, Cascade;
– You have excellent motion, composition, colour, and lighting skills
– You understand and work within CPU and GPU budgets
– You are accustomed to creating offline vfx – Particles, Fluids, Rigid Bodies
– You use Maya, or aren’t afraid to learn it (very quickly!)
– You can script – eg, Py, Lua ,C#, MEL, Java
– You have maths skills relevant to dynamics and shading
– You possess useful generalist skills – Modelling, Animation, Texturing, Lighting.
– You have VR experience
– You have experience of PhysX simulation and authoring
– You are familiar with nodal network construction
– You have an understanding of realtime lighting
– You know how to construct shaders
– You have used authoring tools – After Effects, Houdini
– Your skills eclipse your ego.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/1600-SENIOR-VFX-ARTIST →