This section will cover how to install and use the UE4 plugin for PopcornFX v2.
For each PopcornFX SDK/Editor release, there is a matching UE4 plugin:
When updating your PopcornFX Editor, make sure to also update the UE4 plugin to match that editor version.
When a new UE4 version comes out, we provide a plugin update.
The latest plugin currently supports: UE4.18, UE4.19, UE4.20, UE4.21, UE4.22
This plugin does
- Ultimately implement all the PopcornFX SDK integration features
- Use the standard pipelines of Unreal Engine 4 for workflow, rendering etc… (if we do something wrong, please contact us!)
- Let you customize particle materials for rendering
- Keep the plugin a plugin: no engine source code modification needed !
This plugin does not
- Provide a way to author PopcornFX v2 effects directly inside the UE4 editor. To do this, you have to use the PopcornFX v2 Editor
- Have a relation with UE4’s Cascade or Niagara particle systems, PopcornFX is another, different particle system engine