Renderers are nodes which are responsible for drawing particles. You have the choice between various predefined renderers, from standard billboards, to meshes, lights, sounds, etc..
Supported particle renderers
All these are implemented by the integration in the game engine, not by the PopcornFX runtime, so their availability might change depending on the engine you’ll be using.
- Billboard renderer: Draws the particles as textured sprites, usually camera-facing
- Ribbon renderer: Connects particles with continuous ribbons, and maps a texture on them
- Mesh renderer: Draws the particles as meshes
- Triangle renderer: Draws the particles as triangles. You can specify the position, color, normal, and UVs of each vertex of the triangle
- Decal renderer: Draws the particles as decals on the opaque geometry of the scene. A decal is a box that projects a texture on the geometry inside of it
- Light renderer: Treats the particles as point-light sources within the world
- Sound renderer: Treats the particles as sound sources within the world