Bugs / questions
There is no official bug report system in place for PopcornFX, the correct places to report issues right now are:
- Private support tracker if one is setup for your team: support.popcornfx.com
- Community answerhub: answers.popcornfx.com
We plan to create an improved version of the existing answerhub soon to ease the process of reporting issues for the community.
PopcornFX Editor crashes
When a crash occurs in PopcornFX Editor, a window appears and ask if the crash report should be sent to PopcornFX servers. Those crash reports upload minimum data:
- A minidump, captured using Google crashpad (program thread stacks & registers, no heap)
- Editor version string (ie. “v188.8.131.5203”)
- OS name (ie. “Windows”)
- IP address the crash originated from
- Data of the crash window forms (custom comment & optional email address), by default these are empty
Sending crash reports is optional, but tremendously helps us to fix crashes we didn’t catch during testing releases.
Note: crash reports are only available when using PopcornFX Editor.