This section will cover how to install and use the Unreal Engine plugin for PopcornFX v2.
For each PopcornFX SDK/Editor release, there is a matching Unreal Engine plugin:
When updating your PopcornFX Editor, make sure to also update the Unreal Engine plugin to match that editor version.
Unreal Engine versions
When a new UE version comes out, we provide a plugin update.
The latest plugin currently supports: UE4.26, UE4.27 and UE5.0
Note: In v2.11, the UE5.0 support is experimental for Win64, feel free to reach out to us on our discord if you need any help.
This plugin does
- Ultimately implement all the PopcornFX SDK integration features
- Use the standard pipelines of Unreal Engine 4 and 5 for workflow, rendering etc… (if we do something wrong, please contact us!)
- Let you customize particle materials for rendering
- Keep the plugin a plugin: no engine source code modification needed !
This plugin does not
- Provide a way to author PopcornFX v2 effects directly inside the UE4/UE5 editor. To do this, you have to use the PopcornFX v2 Editor
- Have a relation with Unreal Engine’s Cascade or Niagara particle systems, PopcornFX is another, different particle system engine